"We have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us."

2 Corinthians 4:7







Friday, August 7, 2009

"Caught"

You may have heard the saying that much more is "caught" than "taught". We learn by observing others.

As a child, I "caught" plenty.

I've been thinking about some of those things.

How did I know the Bible was a special book???? My first remembrance was going to a Ladies Home Bible Study with my mother. It had to be prior to me starting Kindergarten, because it was during the day, while my brother was at school.

I remember the elderly lady who led the study. Her name was Mrs. Jones. I remember how she held the Bible. She held it as if it was her most precious possession. She licked her fingers before she carefully turned each page.

I even remember going home and practicing turning the pages of my own Bible, just like I had seen her do. (even licked my fingers!)

I didn't know how to "study" the Bible, but what I "caught" from Mrs. Jones and all the ladies who listened so attentively was that this was a special book. It was God's Word. It was true and it must be very important because week after week these ladies would gather to read from it.

So what cherished memories do you have? What have you "caught"?

Would you be willing to share some of those memories?

If so, please post a comment. I would love to hear.................

Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment