"We have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us."

2 Corinthians 4:7







Saturday, August 29, 2009

Caroline's Rainbow

This picture was taken after a storm in Lakeland, Florida on our cattle ranch.

It was taken on June 25th around 8pm (Florida Time) the evening of Caroline Taylor's surgery.

I've shared the prayer request of baby Caroline with some of you, but some may not know. I have dear friends in New Orleans that have been blessed with their first Grandchild. She is absolutely beautiful!

Only God knew that little baby Caroline was to be born with spina bifida.

God's people have prayed for her. Jeremiah 29:11 has been the verse that has been claimed for her many times. She is precious and if you would like to follow her story, click on this link:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/marycarolinetaylor/mystory

So, about the rainbow. I took the picture as we were driving back from a fishing hole on our ranch. I had been trying to keep myself in an attitude of prayer for little Caroline as I knew she was facing another surgery that evening. A rainstorm forced us away from the fishing hole and as we headed to the house.........this beautiful rainbow appeared.

It appeared as my mind went from praying to worrying. It was as if God said, "I know the plans I have for her, plans for good and not evil, plans to give her a future and a hope." Then he said, "Cheri, I keep my promises.....trust me, I can take care of Caroline." So, I took a picture to remind me of how personal God was to me in that special moment.

Well.......this week (August 27th) I felt as if I needed to share this rainbow picture with Caroline's grandmom, so I texted it to her. It wasn't too long after I sent the text that my phone rang and it was Caroline's Grandmom.

I had no idea that Grandmom Sheila had been thinking and praying for baby Caroline throughout the night and when she got up that morning, she saw my text. It was as if God was reminding her that He was in control and He was taking care of baby Caroline.

I had taken that picture over 2 months ago, but God had me send it to Caroline's Grandmom at the "exact" time she needed it.

We have such an AWESOME, PERSONAL, LOVING GOD! He knows just what we need, and when we need it.

He is with us!

Please keep praying for baby Caroline. It is my understanding that she is being dedicated to the Lord tomorrow. Grandmom will be there, along with many others.

Remember.........God is near!

Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment