"We have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us."

2 Corinthians 4:7







Monday, November 23, 2009

Will Not Be Taken Away

"Martha, Martha." The Lord answered, you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." Luke 10:41-42

I've read the story of Martha and Mary over and over and I know Mary did the right thing. I get that, but today as I read this story again these words jumped out at me.

IT WILL NOT BE TAKEN AWAY FROM HER!

Wow! Jesus said, that the time Mary spent with Him could not be taken from her. That is an incredible promise.

It seems we live in a world where people take whatever they feel like taking.

We know there are thieves that steal all sorts of things from money to cars and lately we hear alot about "identity theft", but what about stealing the "credit" for a job that someone else did?What if that sort of stealing caused you to receive a job promotion you really didn't deserve?

In a world that seems to be all about SELF, it's easy to get caught up in an "every man for himself mentality" or I am going to work harder and harder so I will get the glory the next time.

Unfortunately, I have even seen this type of mindset in the church. Seeking position, trying to outshine others, and seeking praise and glory.

And yes, at times I have had to check my own motives and examine if I am doing this or that because Jesus has instructed me to or am I doing it for myself and my glory?

So........as I sit and ponder about what Jesus said to Mary, I crave to hear those words and desire to have His peace and His promise in my heart that no one or nothing can take from me.

Thanksgiving is just a few days away & it is my prayer that I will not neglect the ONE to whom all thanks and glory is due! May my Thanksgiving preparation be spent by being alone with my Savior and then all these other things............................

Long after the turkey is ate and the dishes are clean, I can still have His abiding peace and joy, which will not be taken from me!

Happy Thanksgiving,

Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment